- USC Hybrid High
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
About USC Hybrid High School
USC Hybrid High School (USC HHS) is an open-enrollment college preparatory charter high school located in Downtown Los Angeles. USC HHS serves 500 students grades 9-12. USC Hybrid High School's mission is to prepare students from traditionally underserved communities to use their talents, college degrees and careers to make a positive multigenerational change.
USC HHS combines a traditional "no excuses" model with an innovative teacher-driven blended learning model that embeds technology across the curriculum and throughout the school day. Students receive a truly personalized education, using a school-provided laptop to master Common Core/College and Career Readiness standards at their own pace. The goal of personalized learning is to increase the percentage of students who graduate from a four year college, allowing them to make a positive multigenerational change in their families, community, nation or world.
USC HHS is the first campus of Ednovate Schools, a 501(c)3 non-profit charter management organization. Ednovate will expand over time to operate multiple high-achieving public charter school campuses and set the bar for what is possible in a high school blended learning environment.
This is a long term substitute assignment for a maternity leave. The Humanities teacher will be responsible for executing and implementing a rigorous college-prep curriculum that integrates technology and flexible use of space+time in order to deliver the right learning for students at the right moment. The teacher will also coach and mentor students through their quarterly performance task projects. In joining our team one can expect to learn from and push their colleagues, all of whom have a strong history of high student achievement.
The teacher will also serve as an advisor that supports his/her advisory students to meeting our 6 yearly promotion requirements and creating a sense of community amongst this cohort for. As an advisor, this means building strong relationships and teamwork with the advisory and meeting with students on an individual basis.
The teacher will be responsible for enforcing, with 100% consistency, our school-wide student code of conduct to create a safe and rigorous learning environment. The teacher's primary accountability is towards student learning - making significant gains on the ACT with their students. A strong candidate would be highly considered for any similar full time openings that may come available at the school for the next school year.
Our Social Science Instructors:
- Design courses that are aligned to College and Career Readiness READING standard
- Develop a course that will improve the reading skills of their students
- Create a Reading course that will give students an exposure to societal issues.
- Ensure mastery in subject area for all learners
- Develop and implement a rigorous, high-quality digital curriculum that is aligned with the College Readiness Standards and Common Core Standards as they evolve.
- Embody our core mindsets as effective team members
- Deliver socio-emotional supports to students in advisory settings and ensure that advisees are meeting our annual promotion requirements
- Provide continual assessment of student progress and maintain records
- Continually evaluate instructional performance to meet the needs of the students
- Provide an effective environment that reflects and facilitates the academic program
- Routinely utilize instructional technology and optimize its instructional value
- Initiate and maintain open communication with parents and community members
**Note** An English background or the abilitly to teach Reading is highly preferred.