- USC Hybrid High
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
About USC Hybrid High School
USC Hybrid High School (USC HHS) is an open-enrollment college preparatory charter high school located in Downtown Los Angeles. USC HHS serves 500 students grades 9-12. USC Hybrid High School's mission is to prepare students from traditionally underserved communities to use their talents, college degrees and careers to make a positive multigenerational change.
USC HHS combines a traditional "no excuses" model with an innovative teacher-driven blended learning model that embeds technology across the curriculum and throughout the school day. Students receive a truly personalized education, using a school-provided laptop to master Common Core/College and Career Readiness standards at their own pace. The goal of personalized learning is to increase the percentage of students who graduate from a four year college, allowing them to make a positive multigenerational change in their families, community, nation or world.
USC HHS is the first campus of Ednovate Schools, a 501(c)3 non-profit charter management organization. Ednovate will expand over time to operate multiple high-achieving public charter school campuses and set the bar for what is possible in a high school blended learning environment.
Our Team members:
- Ensure mastery in subject area for all learners
- Develop and implement a rigorous, high-quality digital curriculum that is aligned with the College Readiness Standards and Common Core Standards as they evolve.
- Embody our core mindsets as effective team members
- Deliver socio-emotional supports to students in advisory settings and ensure that advisees are meeting our annual promotion requirements
- Provide continual assessment of student progress and maintain records
- Continually evaluate instructional performance to meet the needs of the students
- Provide an effective environment that reflects and facilitates the academic program
- Routinely utilize instructional technology and optimize its instructional value
- Initiate and maintain open communication with parents and community members
School Social Worker /Counselor:
We firmly believe that all students have the right to an excellent education; our social worker/counselor is crucial in ensuring that all of our diverse learners are provided with the social, emotional, and mental health supports that will allow them to thrive at school and in life. Our social worker/counselor will work with students both individually and in small groups. This individual will also provide counseling supports for students identified via their Individual Education Plans (IEP). The social worker/counselor will manage the referral process and maintenance for the 504 plan process. This individual will work closely with the dean of discipline, the culture team, and the administration to provide supports to students, teachers, and families so that students maintain and manage appropriate behavioral expectations. The social worker will collaborate with teachers, including supporting teachers to implement best practices and leading through professional development. Join a team that is preparing our students for college acceptance and more importantly developing citizens that will make a positive multigenerational change.