- Ednovate Network Support Team
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Senior Associate of Development and External Affairs
Ednovate launched its first school, USC Hybrid High, a personalized learning high school, in 2012. Since then, Ednovate has grown to three schools and will launch two more schools in the fall to bring our current total to five schools by 2017. Ednovate is committed to serving in areas where students traditionally lack access to a quality college prep education by building tuition-free, safe and high-performing public schools to neighborhoods that need it the most. Ednovate is currently planning for our next growth phase as we continue to fulfill our mission to make a positive multigenerational change within the communities we serve and in our profession.
The Senior Associate of Development and External Affairs position is an excellent opportunity for a professional who strives to gain robust experience in nonprofit organizational management via fundraising, grant writing, and public policy. The Associate will be highly engaged with the Leadership Team and the CEO in day-to-day matters that uphold the prominent caliber of the organization. In relentless pursuit of excellence, Ednovate seeks a self-motivated leader who is excited by and thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Fundraising and Grant Management
- Create and submit grant applications and funding reports to foundations, corporations, and individual donors
- Administer the needs associated with annual grant upkeep, such as managing the annual grants calendar and ensuring timely submission of all proposals, reports and compliance documents
- Manage the full spectrum of donor stewardship, including timely acknowledgments, reports, data entry, and other required donor documentation needs; respond to donor inquiries and requests
- Assist in organizing and leading donor site visits at Ednovate campuses
- Remain up-to-date on district-wide data and results, using such figures to prepare supporting documentation for donor meetings and the development of grant proposals
- Conduct research and support the process for identifying prospective fundraising and grant opportunities.
Communications and Other Executional Leadership
- Oversee special projects and support team initiatives intended to communicate the impact of Ednovate's progress in the community
- Prepare, edit and design initial drafts of various forms of organizational correspondence such as presentation materials, letters and proposals
- Coordinate and organize scheduling, materials, and logistics for the CEO
- Assist with planning and logistics for organization-wide special events
- Potential to take on the role of Secretary of the Ednovate Board of Directors, which requires managing Board communications, completing monthly board newsletters, arranging logistics and assembling reports for quarterly board meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least two years of experience in a high-functioning organization
- High degree of professionalism and strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, think critically and deal with ambiguity
- High level of motivation, energy and initiative with the aptitude for anticipating the needs of the team and donors
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop a personal work and growth plan while contributing to team and organizational goals
- Bi-lingual verbal and written Spanish preferred, with the ability to accurately translate documents
- Experience with event planning and donor management software preferred
- A history of high achievement and results
- Impressive work ethic ("good isn't good enough")
- Clear passion for Ednovate's Mission
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Serviced-focused mentality
Interested candidates should begin the process by submitting an application through Ednovate's website at http://www.ednovate.org/careers
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.