- USC College Prep- Pico Union/Westlake
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
2017-18 Founding Operations Manager
Read Job Description Here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rCtKOAFxi_uiQV-1Wfr5nj3U4he-X-ILFLTFnwlXBPI/edit
The Operations Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the school, ensuring that the school operates in optimal learning conditions and delivers on its promise of customer service to all stakeholders.
About USC College Prep- Pico Union/Westlake
USC College Prep- Pico Union/Westlake is a new charter high school powered by Ednovate in partnership with the University of Southern California. We will open just west of downtown Los Angeles in the fall of 2017 and will expand one grade level per year until we serve students in grades 9-12 in 2020.
Our mission is to empower our students to use their college degrees and careers to make a positive multigenerational change. We will provide students and families a safe and nurturing school culture that has high expectations and that delivers a rigorous and personalized college prep experience. Our innovative classroom approach allows students to learn at their own pace through a curriculum that uses online lessons, digital platforms, small-group learning, coaching and one-on-one instruction. Along with personalizing the learning experience, we care about instilling a deep sense of purpose in our students and developing valuable relationships in our school community. Redesigning the high school experience requires that staff members reflect constantly on the impact of their actions and collaborate to continuously improve their practice.
The Operations Manager (OM) will provide overall direction and execution of all day-to-day functions at the school and will ensure seamless, efficient and high quality school operations. This includes managing logistics for special events; facility needs; budgets; administrative databases; and health, safety, and nutrition compliance. The OM will manage the front office staff and will ensure that the school's visitors and families experience a high-quality customer experience in every interaction. The OM will also supervise the nutrition staff and maintenance staff and work closely with teachers, admin, and families.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about increasing the college attainment rate in educationally underserved populations and working with families of diverse backgrounds
- Has an unwavering belief in academic success for all students and commitment to our mission, discipline model, and vision
- Enjoys a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and is eager to build new systems or adapt existing ones
- Collaborates well with other adults and engages in healthy collegial conflict
- Finds joy in their work and thrives with autonomy, flexibility and accountability
- Is comfortable with a high degree of transparency and accountability for results
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, including strong cross-cultural communication skills with adolescents and families
- Is extremely organized, detail-oriented, strategic, and deadline-driven
- Has experience in management, supervision, and/or customer service
- (Preferred) Multilingual (English/Spanish)
This is a full-time position that begins in April of 2017.
Wages & Benefits
The salary for this job is competitive and commensurates with experience; a competitive benefit package is included.
To submit an application, please visit our website at http://ednovate.org/careers. Ednovate is strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff, and we encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.