- USC College Prep- Pico Union/Westlake
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
2017-18 Founding Assistant Principal
Read Job Description Here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WG1hnDavxi04Y8VaXpxkzkMNOQ66IfMT5QwL4zFeEjs/edit
The Assistant Principal will lead and support the school in achieving goals around student learning and instruction.
About USC College Prep- Pico Union/Westlake
USC College Prep- Pico Union/Westlake is a new charter high school powered by Ednovate in partnership with the University of Southern California. We will open just west of downtown Los Angeles in the fall of 2017 and will expand one grade level per year until we serve students in grades 9-12 in 2020.
Our mission is to empower our students to use their college degrees and careers to make a positive multigenerational change. We will provide students and families a safe and nurturing school culture that has high expectations and that delivers a rigorous and personalized college prep experience. Our innovative classroom approach allows students to learn at their own pace through a curriculum that uses online lessons, digital platforms, small-group learning, coaching and one-on-one instruction. Along with personalizing the learning experience, we care about instilling a deep sense of purpose in our students and developing valuable relationships in our school community. Redesigning the high school experience requires that staff members reflect constantly on the impact of their actions and collaborate to continuously improve their practice.
The Assistant Principal (AP) at USC- Pico Union/Westlake will work closely with the principal and with instructors in order to drive successful learning and teaching. This includes setting and pursuing goals around GPAs, ACT scores, student exploration and service, critical thinking performance tasks, and other promotion requirements. The AP will manage academic programs, non-academic programs, student schedules, and testing logistics. The AP will ensure that our courses are rigorous and that our curriculum will best position our students for college attainment. The AP will engage in deep data analysis to target teacher-specific and school-wide improvements. The AP will ensure quality and appropriate special education and ELL services, and the AP will serve as the lead on specific programs, accommodations and modifications necessary to ensure we meet the needs of all our students. Support and development will involve observing classrooms, coaching teachers, and leading instructional professional development.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about increasing the college attainment rate in educationally underserved populations and working with families of diverse backgrounds
- Has an unwavering belief in academic success for all students and commitment to our mission, discipline model, and vision
- Enjoys a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and is eager to build new systems or adapt existing ones
- Collaborates well with other adults and engages in healthy collegial conflict
- Finds joy in their work and thrives with autonomy, flexibility and accountability
- Is comfortable with a high degree of transparency and accountability for results
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong public speaking skills
- Demonstrates successful results as a classroom instructor, instructional coach, and/or administrator
- (Preferred) Has a masters in education or has completed a school leadership program and/or the like
This is a full-time position that begins on July 3, 2017.
Wages & Benefits
The salary for this job is competitive and commensurates with experience; a competitive benefit package is included.
To submit an application, please visit our website at http://ednovate.org/careers. Ednovate is strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff, and we encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.