- USC Esperanza College Prep
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
The Dean of Student Culture will be responsible for ensuring a consistent and positive school culture, by engaging in work with teachers and students alike, in order to meet our school-wide goals of 100% infractions accounted for and less than 10% of students in weekly detention.
Esperanza College Prep is a new charter high school powered by Ednovate from USC that will open in the Fall of 2017 in the East Los Angeles community. Our mission is to create a school that will empower our graduates to use their college degrees and careers to make a positive multigenerational change. Through our unique approach of building college-ready mindsets, personalizing learning with technology and instilling a deep sense of purpose in our students, we will change the educational and life outcomes of nearly 500 students from the eastside of Los Angeles every year. Our innovative approach to teaching and learning allows students to learn at their own pace - accessing curricula through digital platforms - and places teachers in the most impactful learning moments - in small-groups, coaching and one-on-one. Redesigning the high school model requires that staff members be willing to respond to feedback and data in real-time, reflect constantly on the impact of their actions and not take themselves too seriously.
The Dean of Student Culture (DSC) will be responsible for ensuring a consistent school culture at Esperanza. The DSC will work with students to help them make positive behavioral decisions and learn from mistakes. The DSC will support classroom teachers to resolve behavioral issues and to ensure a positive learning environment in each classroom. The DSC will work closely with both the administration and social worker in order to ensure that all of our students experience a strict and caring school culture. The DSC will also be in charge of the weekly detention process, as well as positive reward systems.
The ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about increasing the college attainment rate in low-income communities
- Certain that all students can go to college
- Entrepreneurial and enjoys having autonomy, flexibility and accountability
- A collaborative team player who works well with other adults and engages in healthy conflict to get the best results for students
- Resourceful and persistent, constantly seeking to improve upon results
- Someone who strives to be the best at what they do and has fun along the way
- Committed to personalizing learning for each student and willing to learn with us as we innovate in our use of space, time, the role of teachers, and technology
- Comfortable with a high degree of transparency around results and accountability for results
- Supportive of our warm/strict discipline model and effective in maintaining a consistent, disciplined classroom
- A graduate of a four-year university
Wages & Benefits
The salary for this job is competitive and commensurate with experience; a competitive benefit package is included.
To submit an application, please visit our website at http://ednovate.org/careers.
Ednovate is strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff, and we encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds. Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.